The Cathedral of the Holy and Undivided Trinity Norwich
While not quite an English heritage listed building, the refectory at the Cathedral of the Holy and Undivided Trinity in Norwich could not be any closer to the Grade 1 listed Cathedral itself, constructed out of flint and mortar dating back to 1096.
Built in 2004, the refectory at the Cathedral was designed by Hopkins Architects and officially opened to the public in 2007. This refectory and visitor centre were constructed on an area where the medieval refectory once stood. During the excavations prior to the construction, it became evident that the ground and surrounding area were once populated during the late Saxon period ending in 1066.
Fifteen years on since the installation of the new refectory’s scenic hydraulic lift, the decision was made to undertake a modernisation of this well-liked and frequently-used passenger lift.
Working in conjunction with the Cathedral’s chosen lift company, Lester Controls assisted with a site survey and specifications for the manufacture of a new site-specific ALMEGA II hydraulic lift controller. The controller is being designed to work with a GMV hydraulic valve. To accompany the ALMEGA II, we are also supplying a CEDES absolute positioning system to comply with the EN81-20 and A3 regulations, and the brand-new TFT35 indicator displays.