VF Escalator Controllers
During 2018, we redesigned our escalator control solution to incorporate an Almega II processor.
The new escalator system, already installed in multiple locations across the UK and Europe, benefits from TFT touch screen technology, a userfriendly menu and easy operational programming.
Type 1 ALMEGA II provides forward/reverse operations, ISM (intelligent step monitoring) and fault indicator lights. Type 2 ALMEGA II provides fault logging with a remote fault display screen for mounting in the skirting, under/over speed monitoring of the main drive motor, missing step feature, brake lifted, and left and right handrail movement monitoring as required by the BS EN 115-2:2010 PART 2.
Type 2 ALMEGA II has the addition of a VVVF drive for slowing and/or stopping the escalator during quiet operational periods, and also non-use photocell beam monitoring at the top and bottom entrances.
- Top pit 1/2 way wiring junction box
- Bottom pit 1/2 way wiring junction box with test socket and plug
- Remote engineer’s handset control station
- Inductive Proximity Switcher can be supplied for the following functions:
1. High speed to low speed
2. High speed to low speed to stop
3. High speed to low speed to stop
The EN-115 features are as follows:
- Motor under/over speed monitoring (pulse rate fully adjustable)
- Left/right hand rail movement monitoring (pulse rate fully adjustable)
- 2X inputs for brake lift shoe left/right (time lag adjustable)
- 2X inputs for missing step monitoring top and bottom (pulse rate fully adjustable for high speed and separate adjustment for low speed when a VVVF drive is used)
- Broken drive chain monitoring
- All sensors for the above are 3 wire NPN type inductive proximity switches.
- Existing brake lift micro switches can be retained if required.
- All of the above features are fully adjustable and can be disabled if omitted from original escalator design.
- All faults can have automatic or manual reset.
- Automatic = restart from forward/reverse key switch.
- Manual = reset only by access to the Almega II touch screen.
- The controllers can have the test plug and socket on the top of the cabinet or on the top half way junction box.
- The mains isolator can be fitted on the top or the door of the cabinet.
- Remote fault display screen for mounting in the skirting.
TYPE 2 ALMEGA II
- Main drive motor with VVVF drive
- Cabinet size 700h x 500w x 250d (up to 11kw only)
- VVVF drive fitted in cabinet
- For motors greater than 11kw the drive can be mounted remotely in the pit so the cabinet size for this application can be as type 1